Sane Side Buttons
Utilize extra mouse side buttons to navigate forward and backward on macOS with SaneSideButtons. With this native Apple silicon utility your side buttons will simulate 3-finger swipes, allowing you to navigate almost any window with a history.
Download for free
..or install using Homebrew:
brew install --cask sanesidebuttons
To launch SaneSideButtons automatically when you log in on your Mac:
- Click the System preferences icon in the Dock or choose Apple menu > System Preferences.
- Open the Users & Groups preference pane.
- Select your username in the left panel.
- Click on Login Items at the top.
- Click on the plus button at the bottom of the right pane.
- Navigate to your Applications folder (or wherever you put the app) and double-click SaneSideButtons.
More information can be found on GitHub.